Sunday 23 December 2007

paper trail

I got home from a Christmas party at 3 am this morning. I was in bed at about 4:30 am.

At 6 am, my phone rang. It was Mum. She said that she needed some things and asked me to bring them to her.

What did she need?

Toilet paper.

I explained that the Home would supply such things and recommended she wrote a list of her other needs with a member of staff, and which I would help her shop for the next time I was visiting.

Toilet paper... my house is littered with it as if Mum is still with me. Every surface has at least one or two tissues on it somewhere,  and there are little wadded piles in every nook and cranny, shoals of tiny shredded tissue fragments spilled from her pockets all over the house like dandruff. My bathroom boasts 5 toilet rolls in various stages of unwinding. I think toilet paper is Mum's hobby.

2 comments:

Sorata said...

Awww, it's just like little gifts she left for you. :P

Greg said...

It's like a White Christmas..... Damn... wish I'd written that in the blog entry!