Tuesday 11 December 2007

day care

I dropped Mum off at the Home, yesterday, around 9:30am and drove back to my house feeling like a parent who has dropped his kid off at the school gates. Would the other boys and girls accept my Mum?

At home, I suddenly had all this silence. It felt w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l. But I found it really hard to concentrate - my brain just needed to relax after all the stress of the last couple of weeks and I was suddenly very sleepy, so I didn't get very much work done in the end.

I picked Mum up at 7pm, after the evening meal was over. She was almost unrecognisable: her hair had been candy-flossed up into a white cloud around her head. She was in a sort of happy daze and kept talking about the lovely bubble-bath they'd given her. She stayed in the bath so long that she missed the Tai Chi class.

I've just dropped her off again this morning and heard that they're all going on a coach trip today.

No comments: