Tuesday 3 February 2009

alzheimer's "is brain diabetes"

Click here for an article on the BBC News website which reports on research into links between Type II Diabetes and Alzheimer's.

A spokesman for the Alzheimer's Research Trust says:
"People with Diabetes are at higher risk of developing Alzheimer's. It is well known that insulin affects how the brain works, and this research adds more evidence to the possibility that Alzheimer's could be a type of brain Diabetes."

Bugger

Guess which blogger was diagnosed with Diabetes in November...

All this time I've been thinking that I was lucky to be an adopted child, with no genetic legacy to worry about from Mum. It seems like Mum was on to something when she suggested that I move into her Care Home with her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I remember that brochure post... so sweet.

I am hoping we don't have to start up a blog for you. You know, it'll be difficult for us to explain to you which one is Long Story Short and which one is Buddhafied. :D

Greg said...

At least I have the comfort of knowing that NOBODY would want to steal MY clothes.