Monday 9 July 2007

I can't begin to describe my morning

Another early wake-up phone call. Too much to process here. Cutting through the half-truths and inventions has taken me two hours. In the process I've brought down a whole edifice of un-truth concerning a local cab company, an edifice that Mum has been building all year. I'm beginning to wonder if it might make life easier for us both if I refrain from pointing out her inconsistencies, try not to listen to the detail and simply 'read between the lines' to what's behind it all - her unhappiness with this or that arrangement. Sometimes, though, what she says alarms me and I urgently need to get to the bottom of it. That's when it becomes frustrating talking to someone who contradicts herself in adjoining sentences. Outrageously so.

No comments: